Our specialist building mission
” Improving standards in construction by working with people who care “
Our vision is to achieve excellence through our specialist support services by performing to the highest level of professionalism for all of our customers.
We continue to commit to raising our standards of service and safety in order to achieve maximum value by working in partnership with all of our clients and suppliers whilst avoiding waste and damage to the environment.
We recognise that our staff are our most important asset and are our first point of contact with our customers. In order to achieve our goals we will need to develop their skills continually by investing in their professional development along with ensuring that we provide them with the best possible working conditions.
We aim to continue to provide market leading specialist building and support services across the North of England and beyond.
Northern Bear plc was floated on AIM in December 2006.
The company’s principal activity is providing specialist building services and we consider ourselves as being at the forefront of this industry. We are able to provide services ranging from general building work, fire protection, roofing works, fork lift truck sales/hire and health and safety consultancy.
There are currently 12 businesses in the Northern Bear family which together employ over 300 people.
Our Added Value
- The majority of the Northern Bear businesses have been trading for over 20 years and have an exceptionally strong client base in both the public sector and in the quality building industry.
- Over 85% of our turnover comes from repeat business, evidence of our reliability and professional standards.
All of our senior technical experts work closely with our on-site teams on a daily basis ensuring that any decisions are authorised without incurring any delays.
- Our supply chain includes many well established providers who excel in sustainability and innovation. We have worked with the majority of our suppliers for over 20 years so we know that we can rely on security of supply and favourable business terms.
- As a group, Northern Bear has an exemplary health and safety track record, supported by our in-house experts, Northern Bear Safety Ltd.
- Our companies have developed close community links, supporting local charitable causes.